Urethra pain following stomach virus
My 9-year-old had some sort of stomach flu which gave him stomach cramps for about a week. He would double over in pain every few minutes, has diarrhea for the first few days, and also threw up early on. He'd never suffered anything like this (with cramps for a week).

Almost immediately after he recovered, my son had a flu with fever and had to take antibiotics. In the meantime, he started complaining of pain when having a BM. Now, for a few days, he has been having fairly bad pain inside the penis, seemingly in the urethra. Has anyone heard of anything like this before?

My son's pediatrician has been acting as if he is making this up. A urine culture came out negative for bacteria.

Is there some new bug going around on the East coast that could explain these symptoms? Thanks in advance.
Look up Reiter's syndrome.  It is a syndrome of urethritis, conjunctivitis, arthritis and can follow GI infections, such as salmonella, campylobacter.