Urge to vomit and vomiting after eating
Hello.  I'm posting on behalf of my boyfriend who refuses to go to the doctor.  I am still hoping to be able to convince him to go, but until then, I need some advice on what to do or what this might be.  

For the past 4/5 days he has been unable to eat properly due to gagging and feeling the urge to vomit.  It has happened before when he has actually vomitted, but these phases lasted no longer than a day, and indeed was sometimes less.  His observation is that it happens when he is running low on energy, but this time, he can't pick himself up as he can't eat more than a slice of toast, and very slowly at that.  

Is this likely to be a sign of low blood sugar, something wrong with his stomach, something to do with the sudden cessation of marijuana use (no lectures, please, I just need to know whether it's a cause), or something else altogether.

I know it's a little vague and hard to come up with anything specific, but I'm worried and need something to force him to go to the doctor with.  I would consider his normal diet to be pretty poor, although he does get the odd fruit and vegetable in.  One last thing, are there any foods that are a little bit easier on a stressed stomach?  

I've also posted in nutrition, but have no response so am a little bit desperate for any sort of answer.  Please help.

Many thanks
Blue
some people like my husband, inherit the disorder and it does not show up for some time.
My husband gags and says it  almost feels like his throat closes up partially.
Doc can give meds to stop it if this is the genetic disorder.
But we have found having a cup of hot water or hot tea with meals stops it.The hot liquid relaxes the gag reflex.
Very small bites, and we make the meal relaxing time together. Something to enjoy, not to be rushed.
It is happened very rarely now.
It can be signs of other stuff, but if there are no other symptoms,. you might try our solution.
Our poor daughter has it now too.... argh!
the hot tea or water helps her as well.
Good luck. Sorry forgot what the disorder was called. I will look up the records and get back to you.
Ok-Here we go....
globus hystericus is what my family members have.
Not serious at all.
But you can read about dysphagia [trouble with swallowing] and all the different types of causes and symptoms here.
http://www.thedoctorwillseeyounow.com/articles/senior_living/dysphagia_10/
Don't panic. There are some causes that are alarming. We were very scared when we went to see the doc. He said most causes are not only treatable, but benign.
Best of luck!