Gastroenterology Community
Urgent Bowel Movements
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Urgent Bowel Movements

I recently have started having urgent bowel movements within 30 minutes after eating a meal.  I am a 41 yr old female, who has gained about 30 lbs with no explanation in the past 2 years (not eating more or different foods and I exercise 4 times per week).  When I was in my 20's, I had 12 inches of my large intestine removed due to necrosis.  I have been on antidepressants in the past, off of them for a year.  Periods are regular, although painful cramping for the first 2 days.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

While the increased weight gain could be a side effect of the anti-depressant medications; increased frequency of bowel movements after a meal could be an exaggerated response of a normal reflex or could be related to dietary habits (heavy/ low protein), past history of intestinal resection, medication side effect, infections, inflammations etc. I would suggest considering an evaluation by a gastroenterologist for an evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979