Vagus Nerve
Do you know that a hiatal hernia can be moved down by hand by a knowledgable chiropractor or massage therapist.  My 15 yo daughter was having so many of the symptoms that I read in many of your posts and I found a site yesterday by Steven H. Horne titled: Hiatal Hernia:  An Overlooked Cause of Disease.  He mentions the vagus nerve in the second paragraph under symptoms.  After reading his site I took my daughter to the chiropractor just yesterday and after the adjustment she ate a full meal, slept through the night and ate a full breakfast.  She is a little sore in one spot and that is most likely at the site of the ileocacal valve that gets sore and irritated from stomach acid that gets in there because the stomach was pinched up into the sphincter opening.  I can hardly believe the difference in her face today since the big pain is gone.  I did have her drink a pint of warm water and stand on her tippy toes and drop to her heels.  The warm water relaxes the muscles and the weighted drop makes the stomach fall into place.  This is nothing short of miraculous.  Mr. Horne cites that the American Digestive Disease Society has estimate that nearly half of all adults have a hiatal hernia.  I hope all who are suffering read and act on this information.  My mom was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia years ago and has suffered needlessly.  Two days ago she sat in her car hanging onto the steering wheel crying waiting for the stabbing pain in her stomach to pass.  So often when my 15 y.o. daughter would complain I would say, Grammy says that same thing.  Now I know why.  The Dr's told her to eat less but it can be fixed and you can eat regularly again.  Please read Mr. Horne's site and get to a chiropractor or a massage therapist.  God bless you.  Michele
correction to above post dated Jan 21 @ 10:10 am

Incorrect sentence:  She is a little sore in one spot and that is most likely at the site of the ileocacal valve that gets sore and irritated from stomach acid that gets in there because the stomach was pinched up into the sphincter opening.

CORRECT SENTENCE:   She is a little sore in one spot and that is most likely at the site of the esphogus that gets sore and irritated from stomach acid that gets in there because the stomach was pinched up into the sphincter opening.