Aa
A
A
Close
1052735 tn?1386021105
Very SLIGHTLY elevated Lipase Levels?
Can anyone shed light on this? My lipase levels are usually always on the high end of normal, but when I start taking a new medication or vitamin or anything really, and have my levels checked (I have them checked because I have slight upper back pain) they are slightly elevated, and i mean, ten points over the high end of normal. Never anything that indicates acute pancreatitis. I'm afraid of PC, but I've had several CTs, ultrasounds and even an EUS done with nothing showing up. I have been very very ill for the past year and I seem to keep getting worse. Not sure if anyone with only slightly elevated lipase levels out there have been able to figure out what is causing this. My amylase is always normal.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi, lipase levels have to be increased at least three times above the normal values to make a diagnosis of pancreatitis. If they are increased two times above the normal  values then there has to be a concomitant increase in amylase levels to make a diagnosis of pancreatitis. So, its unlikely that the pain is due to pancreatitis. The pain can also be due to orthopedic related causes like cervical rib, cervical spondylosis or disc prolapse. A simple x-ray will help and an orthopaedician can guide you. In the meantime, you can take OTC naproxen for relief from pain. Regards.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Gastroenterology Community Resources