Vomiting/Nausea/Left Upper Abdominal Pain
My 22 y/o daughter has had the above symptoms for six weeks today. She is a senior in college, graduating in 3 weeks and is barely able to make it to class. She has had an ultrasound, CT scan, stool sample, urinalysis, colonoscopy, blood work twice, and a barium swallow. All the tests are negative. Yet she cannot eat or drink anything without getting a sharp pain in her upper left side and vomiting 15-30 minutes later. She has tried a variety of foods and drinks and it makes no difference. Up until a week ago Saturday she was ravenously hungry, now she's not even interested in eating. I'm so worried about her. Our doctor wants to wait until she graduates and gets home, thinking that will "cure" her. I don't think so. Through all the tests they have found that she has microscopic colitis with no symptoms and a hiatel hernia with no reflux. What could this be and what other tests are indicated. I wondered about gastroparesis, but the doctor said the barium swallow would have shown if that was it.

Please help!
Is the doc treating the M.C. despite the fact she had no symptoms previously? What you could be seeing now could be related to the MC since no everyone has exactly the same symptoms. You might also want to consider looking into the roles of gluten and diary in MC.

You need to find out exactly where the MC was found. It's possible the MC could account for the upper left pain if it was located in/around the splenic flexure.  

The other thing you may want to look into is if she could be experiencing problems due to gallbladder issues. Some people do end up with left sided pain instead of the 'usual' upper right quadrant pain. Even if she had a clear ultrasound - no gallstones - it's possible to have problems that may show up in a HIDA scan with CCK injection.  If they didn't do a gallbladder ultrasound yet, you may want to talk to the doc about it, and make sure they look for the presence of sludge.

Make sure the school is kept informed about what is going on. There can be allowances made for students who are ill to be able to make up exams or papers when medical issues crop up. But the teachers need to know about things in advance.