Gastroenterology Community
Vomiting blood and blood clots!!!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vomiting blood and blood clots!!!

Im a 29 yr old female who has been diagnosed with a rare GASTRIC diverticula and the other day i suddenly felt sick and threw up.  When i opened my eyes i was shocked at what i saw.  It was a moderate amount of blood and 2 definite blood clots.  I went to my primary care doc and he prescribed a proton pump inhibitor to help from any extra irritation from acid and wants me to get a barium study and then refer me to a surgeon.  Well, i saw him yesterday in the late afternoon and expected a call from the hospital this morning to schedule the barium study but that call didnt come.  So i called my dr.'s office in the afternoon and i was told that it could take anywhere from 3-7 days to my appointment made!!! I requested to speak to someone else and they said they would check with the dr and of course i never heard back.  Throwing up blood is scary but when you add the clots its even more scary.  My question is, should i just be persistent in trying to get study done sooner rather than later or does anyone think im better off goin to the ER???  Thanks