Gastroenterology Community
Vomiting blood and blood clots!!!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Vomiting blood and blood clots!!!

Im a 29 yr old female who has been diagnosed with a rare GASTRIC diverticula and the other day i suddenly felt sick and threw up.  When i opened my eyes i was shocked at what i saw.  It was a moderate amount of blood and 2 definite blood clots.  I went to my primary care doc and he prescribed a proton pump inhibitor to help from any extra irritation from acid and wants me to get a barium study and then refer me to a surgeon.  Well, i saw him yesterday in the late afternoon and expected a call from the hospital this morning to schedule the barium study but that call didnt come.  So i called my dr.'s office in the afternoon and i was told that it could take anywhere from 3-7 days to my appointment made!!! I requested to speak to someone else and they said they would check with the dr and of course i never heard back.  Throwing up blood is scary but when you add the clots its even more scary.  My question is, should i just be persistent in trying to get study done sooner rather than later or does anyone think im better off goin to the ER???  Thanks
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Have you continued to throw up blood?  If so I would recommend going to the ER.  If not, then I think you are probably okay waiting.
Hi, thanks for responding.  I haven't thrown up anymore, thank god and i will be going to get my barium study on monday. Hopefully its nothing too bad.
Good, let me know if you have any more questions.