Aa
A
A
Close
Vomiting clear liquid
I have bad GERD and lately everything is setting it off, I get heartburn so bad about 2 hours after dinner that I vomit copious amounts of clear mucousy liquid.  It's weird - no food, only liquid.  It doesn't smell like vomit, no acid smell, I don't understand how the heartburn can be so bad that vomiting doesn't help.  I don't understand how I can vomit mucous and water and the food stays put??

I"m seeing a gastroenterologist in another week to have an upper gi and a colonoscopy, they're afraid it's Celiac and so am I!  I"ve been vomiting like this since I was born but my parents were aparently criminally negligent and never did anything but yell at me about it because it was disgusting.

I can't find anything anywhere online about this symptom in humans, just a few articles about veterinary symptoms in dogs.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have severe coughing along with the clear thick liquid coming up during dinner if I eat normal speed, If I lay flat, no matter what I eat. I have tried an all liquid diet, Baby food type diet, and eat everything I used to eat diet. I had a lap band put on 4 years ago and this started shortly after. I can be asleep and cough and the fluid shoots out of my nose and fills my mouth. There is never food just clear thick fluid. I have gone to the Dr who put the lap band on, an Internest, upper gi, lower gi and so far the only time I get relief is if I can relax 100% and this happens only when my male friend is in town and stays with me. Today I had a Dr. try to insert a monator in my nose to measure the fluids in the esophagus and they could not get it through my sinuses. Any Ideas PLEASE HELP
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources