Gastroenterology Community
Vomiting while pooping.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Vomiting while pooping.

For years now, I have had a digestive problem.  It use to be where I had to take turns between sitting on the john to poop, or standing over it to throw up.  NOW there is no time  to decide which to do, as they come simultaneously.

I just had another bout of this, and it seemed to be one of the worst.   The poop is fairly soft, like mud, and the more I go, the looser it gets... I have to have a bucket with me while sitting down, and I completely empty my stomach contents, or dry heave if I haven't eaten anything.

I feel absolutely terrible when this is going on.

I have no medical insurance  ( I am 61 and can't get on hubby's Medicare....fall between the cracks in Obama's plan.

When I have confronted doctors about this in the past, they just guess at what it is, anything from lactose intolerance  ( I don't like milk and eat very little dairy products, if any)....or IBS  .   When I google "puking while pooping", it leads me to the Crohn's pages, but I don't think it could be THAT.      I just know lately I feel like a shook up can of soda, especially just above the pubic area.... like the lower part of my SMALL intestine, if anything... hard to explain.

While my husband was at a doctor last week, I tried to mention my problems to his doctor.  He felt perhaps it is because I have had 4 c-sections and a hysterectomy, that perhaps I have adhesions.

It may be time for a doctor's appointment, whether I have insurance or not, but I am wanting the most accurate test done without going thru all the preliminary tests that suck up my money.  This doctor said they  now have a small camera that you swallow for diagnosis.

What test might be the best ones to get.  Oh, by the way, I had my gall bladder out 2 years ago, so even though I thought THAT might be the culprit years back, evidently getting it taken out hasn't cured the problem.
I forgot to mention that I had a colonoscopy just before my gall bladder surgery.  I think the only thing unusual was that I had an elongated colon.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes of the GI symptoms that may need to be considered include dietary causes, GI motility issues, malsorption syndromes, hormonal/ endocrine causes, GI inflammations, medication side effect, neuro-muscular causes, growths/ masses etc. While each test may be specific for a condition, unless a definite diagnosis is made, a complete panel of tests is likely to be suggested, to look at all possibilities in a serial order. I would suggest getting this evaluated in detail by a gastroenterologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.  
Hope this is helpful.  

Take care!  
Thank you for responding.  I am in the process of trying to find some individual insurance before pursuing this further.  My husband is 68 and I am 61, so of course I cannot get on his Medicare insurance, and I am not 26 or younger to get on my parent's insurance. LOL.... It seems those people who have an age difference from the spouse have fallen between the cracks in the insurance field!

In a way, I am hoping it is adhesions from all my surgeries, and not anything like Crohn's or cancer.  The more frequent ( and furious) they occur, the more worried I become.  Perhaps someday I  can win the lottery, eh?
Mine only occurs after  I have eaten hot peppers.   I have had 5 C-Sections