Gastroenterology Community
Vytorin and IBS

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Vytorin and IBS

I have IBS with diarrhea. My family doctor gave me Vytorin and it caused ONE HORRIBLE bout with the diarrea (diarrhea).

So, my question is: Should people with IBS not take Vytorin?

If the answer is: No,they shouldn't,then why do you think this side effect is not listed on the pamphlet that comes with the drug.....or any where else?!
hi vytorin is not a lot of peoples choice for ibs ,i take buscopan which releifs my symptoms greatly,you need to explore the ibs treatments and keep a diary of what you eat and what makes you worse,boring i know but a must if you have ibs could change your everyday life dramaticley,goodluck
Thanks for your comment but Vytorin is a combination medication is used along with a proper diet to help lower "bad" cholesterol and fats (such as LDL, triglycerides) and raise "good" cholesterol (HDL) in the blood. It has nothing to do with managing IBS..

Nothing was listed in the info about this drug regarding IBS patients so my family doctor gave it to me to help lower my cholesterol. It had a horrible side effect for me and I was curious to see if anyone else out there had experienced bad side effects with this drug. Especially people with IBS like mine.

I manage my IBS with diet and  the help of Heathers Tummy care,but this drug messed all that up. :)