Gastroenterology Community
WHITE COATING ON TOUNGE, BAD MOUTH TATSE,FREQUENT BELCHING
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

WHITE COATING ON TOUNGE, BAD MOUTH TATSE,FREQUENT BELCHING

I AM 41 AND HAVE HAD THESE SYMPTOMS ( SOUR/BITTER TASTE IN MOUTH, WHITE COATING ON TOUNGE AND FREQUENT BELCHING) FOR ABOUT A MONTH. I AM PHYSICALLY VERY ACTIVE AND DIET CONCIOUS GUY. HAVE HAD STOMACH ULTRASOUND TESTED POSITIVE, SCHEDULED FOR BARIUM X RAY TOMORROW AND WAITING ON MY BACTARIAL BLOOD TEST. MY DOC PRESCRIBED NEXIUM THAT I TOOK FOR A MONTH WITH LITTLE OR NO IMPROVEMENT, TRIED DECITEL AND STARTED ON PANTOLOC TODAY. NEXIUM DID HELP WITH THE BELCHING.
I DON'T KNOW WHERE I SATAND WITH MY SYMPTOMS PLZ. HELP.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
154765_tn?1237251544
It sounds like you have GERD.... I would just watch what you eat and don't eat alot of gassy foods...
Blank
82861_tn?1333457511
You said you "tested positive" with an ultrasound - positive for what?
Blank
white coating on tongue can be a yeast infection.  If you try to brush it off with a toothbrush but it does not come off, it probably is a yeast infection, or also called "thrush"
Blank
Hey
I'm only 26 and I have the same thing but my tongue is yellow-for me its gastritis, ibs, swollen colon and acid reflux...all due to stress and taking antibiotics growing up for constant ear infections, strep throat, etc. Don't take Nexium or any of the heartburn meds!!! they will do more harm in the future! sleep sitting up, eat foods low in acid (no tomatoes, spices, etc), try apple cider vinegar with the mother (u can google it), and take acidophilus. You can also try dgl for stomach pain-its licorice root-it coats your stomach with a lining of mucus to help.
Blank
It sounds like you have yeast on your tongue. Look on the Standard Process website and there is a supplement called AFBetafood that will clean your bile and get rid of the yeast.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank