Walled off infection in abdomen
Has anyone heard of having an abdominal infection that is walled off.  I entered the hospital last January with severe abdominal pain in my lower right adbdomen.  Had laporascopic surgey with the intention of having an ovary removed.  When I came out I was told that I had a mysterious adbominal infection that had been walled off by my body.  I had no fever or other outward signs of an infection.  The doctor just told me that my case was very interesting but that it was not a good thing to be interesting to a doctor.  Since then I've had a colonoscopy, upper and lower gi's and lots of tests.  Nothing has been found.  I am starting to have the same pain again and am very afraid.  I am also searching for a really good gastrointestinal specialist in the Nashville, TN area if anyone has any referrals?  Thank you.
It can and does happen. The 'walling off' is a protective mechanism the body uses quite often to keep the problem from spreading - a fantastic thing.

The same pain doesn't always mean the body is doing the same thing again. When an infection develops in the abdominal cavity, it can provoke a response that results in connective tissue growth. It's possible the pain could be due to adhesions - as a result of clearing up the infection, as strange as it may sound - especially if they drained the site, closed you up and gave you antibiotics.