Gastroenterology Community
Weird black specs in poop?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Weird black specs in poop?

I recently noticed Little tiny black particles in it. Also I coughed up TINY bit of blood this morning, very little.

I have GERD, and I eat so bad haha. I was in the ER last night for Epididymitis and they took blood tests and urine. Would they have found something?

What Could it be? I am obviously scared because I am a hypochondriac
.

I have diarreah (diarrhea) with a little mucus and the little black things.
You could have a bleeding ulcer.  Go to a Gastroenterologist straight away.  You need upper endoscopy.  The black in the stool could be the digested blood from the ulcer or something else.  No one here is a Dr.  The emergency room will give you immediate care but usually requires you to follow up with your physician or specialist.  Don't delay.  This could be a serious condition!  Let us know what happens and the best of luck to you.
hmm well im 19 years old so I dont think I have an ulcer. I was actually in The ER last night for a different reason. They gave me an abdominal cat scan, blood test, urine tests, and an IV. I start feeling bad this morning.
19 yr olds get ulcers.  Do you have a regular Dr?  
Oh, I didnt know that. Yes, I made an appointment for today
I really appreciatte the responses. Any kind of knowledge is helpful for me.

I just got home from the doctor and he gave me a card to a GI doctor, which he wants me to see tomorrow morning.

What kind of testing do they do?

thanks
Good.  You have taken the first important step.  The Gastro Dr will probably want you to have an upper endoscopy when you tell him you had a little blood come up.  This is a quick and easy test.  A scope is put into your mouth and down your throat so the Dr can see what is going on in your stomach and esophagus.  He may take a few tissue samples to rule out certain things like a bacterial infection which can cause ulcers.  He may also want you to have a colonoscopy.  Although, you are young and if you have no family history of colon diseases then he probably won't give you that procedure. You are also not experiencing lower stomach cramps or other intestinal problems are you?  Let us know what the GI Dr says.  I just had both procedures done at the same time and was out for both.  If you are just having the upper, then the back of the throat is numbed and you may get some sedation, I am not sure.  Good Luck.  Be completely honest with the Dr.
Thanks for all the info. I found a doctor today, and made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon (soonest they had).

Weird, but when I woke up today I had a sweet taste in my mouth. I read it happens when you have GI problems. So ill just add that to my list of symptoms I guess.
Great.  Let us know what the Doc finds.  Maybe just an irritation but it is good you are taking care of it.  Peace of mind is priceless.
I went to the Dr. Yesterday, and he scheduled me for an Endoscopy, for Monday.

He said he didn't think it was acid reflux. I'm not sure what to think of that.

It seems like you know a lot of this kind of stuff mind If I ask you something else?

for the past two days, My chest has been "sore" and I have been short of breath, I think.

Could it be anxiety? ( I have horrible anxiety).

I focus a lot on my breathing so its hard to tell. I also cough up a lot of mucus, but my doctor listened to my chest last night. What could this uncomfortable feeling be from?

I do have a heart condition (Aortic Stenosis) but my cardiologist told me, its not my heart unless it happens when im running around.

any advice would be great. thanks