What are my symptoms indicative of?
I have had itching around my anus that won't go away for the past few weeks. Also, I've noticed an increased, almost insatiable appetite for food. I can eat a full breakfast or lunch and be very hungry 15-30 minutes later. Mind you I'm a 25 year old, fit 180 lb male, I'm not obese or anything. Is it possible that these symptoms are linked? Could it be a parastie of some sort, like a tapeworm? Any input is welcomed. Thanks for reading!
anyone?
If it's only itchy at night (i.e. 2 in the morning) it could be pinworms.  There is an over the counter medication for this:Combantrin (or ask a pharmacist).

If it is itchy after a bowel movement it could be hemorrhoids.  Try Tucks or Anusol.

All the best.
Cortizone 10 cream works great for itching caused by hemorrhoids.  The tube is small enough to keep in your pants pocket to re-apply throughout the day.  Be sure to keep the area clean as well.  If you have pin worms you will see them in your BM's, they are very tiny and white, but you can't miss them.  I would rule out your hunger being due to a tapeworm, there is noramlly weight loss with this.  It could be a thyroid problem causing your hunger, and Endocrinologist can determine this.  Good luck and take care!