What causes Pale White Stool
I recently came down with what I thought was a virus which started with a painful headache at the base of the back of my head, then diarrhea, nausia & vomitting and flu like symptoms.  I was in bed for 2 days not able to eat, could barely raise my head with vomitting & eventually ended up with the dry heaves.  At this point everything had gone straight thru me so my bowel movements consisted of clear light yellow liquid. The lack of appetite and nausia lasted for almost a week but on the third day I did go to see a doctor who did bloodwork & found only a kidney infection which he gave me antibiotics for (Cepro). As the week went on I was drinking mainly water and an occasional Coke for the nausia eating very little and had extreme, very uncomfortable belching.  By the end of the week I was able to eat small amounts of food which helped my bowel movements to become more solid but my stool was a pale yellow almost white for another 5 days.  Finally after 11 days my stool started getting some color and after 13 days seemed normal.  Is any of this something to be concerned about?

This discussion is related to White stools???.
Bile is the substance that colors the stool and turns it the normal brown color we associate with fecal material. When bile isn't properly released, the stool turns a pale (white) or grayish color. If it happens, it should be reported to your doctor who may wish to do some testing to see if everything is okay.

When you experience 'rapid transit' - essentially diarrhea - you can get yellowish material due to the fast transport of bile through the GI tract. It will produce a yellowish fecal material (the yellow bile hasn't had a chance to change to the 'normal' brown color).