GASTROENTEROLOGY
COMMUNITY
What causes bloody farts?
by samika, May 11, 2009
I had bad pain from upper to lower abdomen.  Took two Tums and the upper ab pain was gone.  The lower ab pain felt like severe menstral cramps -- like I'd just given birth.    Went to the bathroom and had a brownish vaginal discharge -- like I was getting my period.  Came home took 600mg ibuprofen and felt 'better'  Later that night, I felt like I needed to pass gas and gave it  a slight push.  I thought I had a diarreah fart and went to the bathroom -- it was a bloody fart!!
The next day, I felt great the entire day -- no pain, so soreness, no bloating...nothing. What could possibly have caused this?  I've never experienced anything like this before.
Member Comments (1)
by FurballsMom, Feb 01, 2012
Any time you have blood in the stool, you should see y our doctor.  Even if it seems like the blood was temporary.  Something is clearly wrong internally, so you need to see a doctor.  It sounds like something wrong in the colon.