Gastroenterology Community
What causes bloody farts?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What causes bloody farts?

I had bad pain from upper to lower abdomen.  Took two Tums and the upper ab pain was gone.  The lower ab pain felt like severe menstral cramps -- like I'd just given birth.    Went to the bathroom and had a brownish vaginal discharge -- like I was getting my period.  Came home took 600mg ibuprofen and felt 'better'  Later that night, I felt like I needed to pass gas and gave it  a slight push.  I thought I had a diarreah (diarrhea) fart and went to the bathroom -- it was a bloody fart!!
The next day, I felt great the entire day -- no pain, so soreness, no bloating...nothing. What could possibly have caused this?  I've never experienced anything like this before.