What could be wrong
I have had diarrhea, abdominal pain and weakness for about three weeks now.  Been to the emergency room twice and my doctor twice.  They said I have a UTI and finally gave me some antibiotic (Cipro) which seemed to start helping me.  I after taking the antibiotic for five days, I left it at work and didn't take it over the weekend, started getting the stomach pains and diarrhea again.  I have never had a UTI act like this before but they have done numerous tests, including a CAT scan and could find nothing else wrong.  I am worried that it is something more serious.  Could not taking the Cipro for two days have brought this back on?
I am not a doctor but have had many U.T.I.s, never have I had any of the symptoms you are having. You sound like you may have diverticulitous. An inflammation of the stomach lining. The reason you felt better on the antibiotic is because that is the treatment for this condition. Also I have never heard of a Uti lasting 3 weeks. Sounds like you need a good gastro. doc and soon.