What could this be?
I have a painful hard lump an inch or so below my right rib cage and closer to my side than midline which started deep in my belly and is now a larger size that I can feel easily. It refers pain into side and back. I had a robotic hysterectomy in 9/09 for uterine cancer. I just had a colonoscopy, ultrasound, and CT scan. 2 cysts showed up in right kidney but not problematic. Tests look good. Only thing that helps is over the counter pain medication. Took a vicodin once which helped a lot but don't want to take anything. Pain and what was in the beginning  a small lump came on a few months ago a couple of days after an exercise class. I and doctors thought in the beginning it might be a muscle strain or small tear but location is not at the attachments where they usually occur. Just saw a PT who worked with athletes for over 30 yrs. is baffled as well. We are trying ice and ultrasound treatments which I think is a waste of time. Massage is no help at all. I would be grateful any suggestions.

Marletta

This discussion is related to Pain in upper right quadrant under rib cage.