Gastroenterology Community
What do you think about what is causing this?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What do you think about what is causing this?

So about a week ago I was doing some heavy drinking at a football game. When I returned home later that night I had a pounding headache and felt nauseous. I threw up twice. First time was food. Second time was bright red vomit. A decent amount of blood. Probably equivalent to 1/4th of a Dixie Cup in Volume. After, I passed out and lost consciousness. When I came to; I saw my legs shaking. I went to the ER. They ran some blood tests. Everything came back normal. My White Blood cell count was a bit high at 16.6 and my neutrophils/granulocytes were a bit high at 13.7. They diagnosed me with dehydration. It has been about 5 days. I have a burning sensation in my chest when I swallow, and the feeling of food being stuck in my chest. Sometimes I have a little bit of a sharp pain below my left rib. I have had the feeling of food being stuck before the past two years, or so. What do you think is the cause? I have had no blood in urine, or in stool. No X-Ray was taken.
Not sure about what caused the vomiting blood part, but everything else you describe sounds like acid reflux. Look up what foods to avoid. It'll mainly be foods that are highly acidic. Also, try taking a Pepcid, Prilosec, or Nexium before you eat and see if that helps. I'd probably stay away from alcohol for a while too.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...