What does a low value of ALT mean?
I am 41 and have been diagnosed a long time ago with IBS, I constantly fluctuate between diarrhea that is mucousy, greasy stools most of the time and constipation.  I also have Fibromyalgia and had a bleed out due to an ulcer 3 years ago and then from a nicked blood vessel in my abdomen.  I have already had my gallbladder removed almost 7 years ago.  I haven't had all that many issues with my stomach (more then normal for IBS I guess).  The past 2 weeks I have been having severe abdomen pain.  From navel to breast bone area and has radiated to some bad flank pains.  I've been to the doctor twice.  He ran a CBC and chem panel.  He has prescribed me carafate, along with taking anything that helps basically...mylanta, zantac, pepcid ac.  First time he gave me a GI cocktail with lidocaine in it and it was amazing to be that pain free!! Wish I could bring it home with me!!  Today I went back because this flank pain has gotten pretty bad in the last couple of days.  The abdomen pain fluctuates from very bad to knowing it's there type.  
He took a stool sample for blood but negative.  Did a UA and there was some blood in my urine.  I have had a full hysterectomy so this alarmed me.  He is treating me for cystitis.
My blood tests revealed my white count is up a bit.  When he was out of the office I could see my blood tests results and wish I could of wrote them all down quick enough.  He only pointed out the white count, but I noticed there were 5 flags on there in different areas.  Two that were high and I think 3 were low (or vice versa).  The one I really noticed was that my ALT was low....15 was the count.  It showed high and low normal levels and it seemed to be quite low from the normal.  What could this mean?  I wish I could remember the rest...one was an R something.  He also mumbled something about salt, but didn't make it clear.  
I asked if we were going to scope me (as he said last time if it didn't get better)...he said no, we will wait and see if it gets better.  Added Kapidex and an anitbiotic.
He frustrates me because maybe the flags on these tests are not really a big deal...but hey to me they are when you are desperate for answers and taking too long to find a solution.  He kinda works this way I feel....puts off things.
What does that ALT mean?  Is it really anything?????  Any other ideas what is going on with me?  Should I go past him and see a Gastroenterologist?
Thank you very much!
I also forgot to mention I had a gastric bypass 6 years ago.