Gastroenterology Community
What is in my stool?????

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

What is in my stool?????

A month ago i discovered stringy white things on my stool. I collected the stool and took it to a walk in clinic and they sent it to a hospital lab to be tested. The tests were negative. Then 2 weeks later I saw the same white stringy things on my stool and I collected it again and went to an E.R. The doctor there said it looked suspicous and left the room. An hour later he came back and said it was not worms (which is what I fear) and he did not know what it was. Now today i have had the same type of stool yet again. I am very upset! Could I possibly have worms even with 2 negative reports? What else could it be? Can mucus look like that? I am so scared and I need help.Also, i am extremely constipated all of the time- have been for a year or so- and I take stool softeners every day. Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not. Should i go see a gastro doctor? PLEASE help em-i am very depressed and devastated over this.  the white things look very strange-and there are LOTs of them. Thanks for your time.
i have the same problem! I just saw these white stringy things in my stool yesterday and two weeks ago. I've also been constipated and fatigued for the past month and a half since the semester started. My mom is from Korea and she said worms were really common when she was in school and advised me to eat a lot of carrots and garlic until she could send me some medicine. I actually first got problems with bloating and constipation at the end of my freshman year in college and it never went away although eating garlic, vegetable juices, aloe, and goldenseal root powder used to help.  
I had a similiar problem a few days ago, I had a regular bowel movement then when I wiped I wiped off "thing" that looked like two fetacinnie (sp) noodles about 5 inches long attached to a quarter sized mass of mucus. It startled me, then I remembered a few days earlier I had a mucus like bowel movement. I haven't called the Dr. yet....
You all need to get to a nutritionist...not a Dr. I had these same things in my stool & went to a Dr at least 10 times & took tons of tests- all  negative. Come to find out when I went to a nutritionist I had paraites & candida & massive gut infections that were rieking havoc on my system. I felt terrible all the time...until I was treated & now feel a MILLLION tomes better.I'm tellin ya...........see a nutritionist!!!
what kings of parasite infections did you have ? i am just curious as i have been dealing with strange things in my house and we had a reptile and two dogs and no one knows what it is but i feel shot, tired all the time diarrhea , aches, chills, rashes.. ect.

if you could email me back i would so appreciate it
***@****  my name is darcy

ps.. i would never of thought to go to a nutritionist thats a good idea  
Whst types of testing did the nutritionist do to determine this?? I have had the same issues and have had 3 doffernt stool samples come back negative.  Thanks
Also, how were you treated?? Medicine, diet???
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers