What is mesenteritis? CT scan reports I may have this-HELP Please

I am a 31 year old female who recently had a CT of the abdomen for an ovarian cyst that I recently had to have surgically removed. Another finding on the report was something called nonspecific mesenteritis. Here is what the report states:

The exam demonstrates mild stranding visualized in the fat of the mesentery suggesting nonspecific mesentertitis. Small lymph nodes are idientified in the left para-aortic area. Small bilateral inguinal lymph nodes are identified. Findings are suggestive of nonspecific mesentertitis.

My pcp was wouldn't give me an answer as to what this means, but said it has to do with the outside portion of the intestines and that is all he would say. Needless to say he was very unhelpful.

I would GREATLY appreciate if anyone knew what this meant and should I see a gastroenterologist for this?

Thank you so much for any help with this!

Marie
Since it's nonspecific, he may want to do more tests to get further results before he says anything more.

Other than that, here's a post I found that mentions Retracticle Mesenteritis:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/gastro/archive/5799.html
Thank you so much for that link. Very interesting. As for the doctor, I only wish he was interested in doing further testing, he was actually quite rude and disinterested and unfortunately, I was the one who had to mention the mesenteritis finding on the CT report after I obtained a copy. He NEVER even mentioned it to me until I questioned him about it. I will probably consult with a gastro doctor and needless to say a new PCP. lol.

Thank you again for that link. I appreciate it very much.

Marie