Gastroenterology Community
What is septated cyst of the liver

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

What is septated cyst of the liver

What is septated cyst of the liver? What causes that, and the treatments?
A septated cyst means that there is a dividing wall within the cyst.  So the cyst isn't quite a simple cyst.  I'm not sure what the significance of cysts in the liver is.  It may be a nonspecific finding that requires more testing to check out, or maybe you'll find out this a benign condition that is normal for you.  If you've had a test that shows this, the ordering physician should be able to explain it to you or send you on to a specialist.   But here it is the weekend and you are probably impatiently waiting for a phone call or appointment.  Googling just didn't help me figure anything out to tell you, but I know when I've typed reports, cysts usually tend to be less serious than other findings.  Hope that's true for you.