Gastroenterology Community
What makes me throw up fried food?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

What makes me throw up fried food?

I am 19 years old. I am a very short and slender person. When I eat deep fried food, I become deathly ill. I have thrown up from funnel cakes, french fries, and bacon. I even landed in the hospital from eating sweet and sour chicken. I get indigestion a lot, mostly with burps that have vomitlike liquid. This happens when I eat ice cream/milk. I've had an Upper GI done, which shows extrinsic compression on my duodenum. I had a CT scan and an Ultrasound, and they are still clueless. I talked to a surgeon who said that the films made no sense. I stopped eating fried and fatty foods, but a variety of unsuspected things agitate my stomach. What in the world could be wrong with me?
Is it really extrinsic compression on the duodenum, or a narrowing of the internal 'tube' of the duodenum - the lumen. If the lumen is narrowed, it is probably due to some form of inflammatory condition and it should be investigated further. And if the lumen is narrowed in the first portion of the duodenum (D1 or possibly portions of D2), you need to be checked for other conditions such as celiac disease.

If the condition is really due to compression from surrounding organs onto the duodenum, you need to find out what organs are impinging on the portion of the duodenum in question and check out that organ or organs.

In the meantime, keep in mind that with galllbladder issues fatty foods can produce a lot of uncomfortable symptoms.
i know what your going through.i also get sick and feel bad after eating.i went for years of test x rays ct scans and so on and "was fine" and had so many symptoms.i had a egd and colonoscopy done which i always put off(it's not that bad)and found out i had ee or eosinophilic esophagitis.

it has something to do with white blood cells connected to food alergys.it mimics things like ibd like celiac and chrons and gerd.this of couse after ruling those out.i thought i had celiac.hope this helps