Gastroenterology Community
What wrong? Lower right side of my abdomen hurts

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I am feeling a pain in a location i am not used to.  my lower abdomen on the left side has been killing me for the past two days.  I have had daily BM's but not as comfortable or as frequent as usual.  So I assumed I was a bit dehydrated or maybe constipated.  But I'm not sure anymore.  I usually drink quite a bit amount of water and juices, but for the past few days it feels like I have had to force drink and food down my throat, my apetite has decreased, though I've still been making myself eat/drink.  I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol or carbonated beverages.  What is wrong with me?
Oh yeh the pain sometimes is just a sharp shooting pain.  it's not ongoing.  I feel it more when I'm gettingup from sitting down or when I'm trying to sit.  Today I laid on myback and relaxed my abdomenal (abdominal) area and pressed the area that hurt and a pain shot towards my right side of my chest and down towards my rectum.
I would agree with you that it might be constipation.  You can try a mind laxative and see if that helps at all.  How low is your pain?  If by low you mean about at the level of your bellybutton or a little bit lower, then that is where your appendix is and it might be an appendicitis.
Yeh I was trying not to bring up appendicitis.  I looked at my anatomy book, and it's definitly in that region
Correction: in the original statement I contradicted my title.  The pain is in the lower RIGHT of my abdomen.And yes it is below my belly button but along the region of the top of my pelvic/hip bone
You should probably get a CT scan to make sure it isn't an appendicitis.
oh yeh problem solved.  I was just constipated.  that sucked.  just took a laxative and went for a jog