Gastroenterology Community
What's wrong with me?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What's wrong with me?

I've been sick for about 2 months now. It started out with constipation, lower left side abdominal pain & discomfort (slightly below my belly button, so maybe descending colon?), weakness/fatigue, irritability. I was not hungry & when I did eat I felt nauseated and the pain in my abdomen would get worse. After 2 weeks with no poo I went to a MD. He didn't know what was wrong, and gave me lactulose, did a TSH (thyriod stimulating  hormone) & pregnancy test. My TSH was normal & I'm not pregnant (Hooray!). The lactulose made my constipation go away, but that's about it. I could eat a bit more, but still didn't have much of an appetite & usually felt nauseous after eating.

I started going to a ND about a week ago. She is stumped as well. She gave me ginger, B vitamin, and gi-encap (combo of plantain, licorice, slippery elm & marshmallow). I got another pregnancy test and bladder infection test...both happily negative.

I sort of feel like I'm improving a bit. I have been feeling a bit better lately. I'm not as easily fatigued. I now have a small appetite. I'm only eating one or two small "meals" a day & still getting nauseous when I eat. I feel really bad if I eat a normal full meal. I haven't had any more problems with the constipation, but today I've had diarrhea...which hadn't come up at all, until today. The pain & discomfort in my lower left abdomen is still there, but hurts less often. However, I'm now having some mild kidney area pain & lower left back pain with my abdominal pain....so my whole left side there kinda joins together in a nausea/pain/discomfort fest. Which reminds me, my left hand/arm are weaker than usual, as well. I have had the kidney(?) pain with frequent, and sometimes quite urgent, urination for about a month now. I usually drink lots of water, but lately I haven't been thirsty & have to constantly remind myself to drink water. Also, my submandibular lymph nodes (the ones right under the jaw bone) are swollen (more so on the left), and I have had a mild sore throat for weeks.

I hadn't had any problems with my period, vomiting, diarrhea (till today), rashes, or anything else I haven't mentioned.

I'm getting some more blood tests done this week, so maybe that will uncover something. In the mean time, any ideas?

Thanks!