Where is Gallbladder pain located?
For 3 months I have had pain on the right side. It began slightly below the navel (but not centered; to the right) now most of the time it is higher. This is a sharp pain especially after I eat and at night. I had a lot of nausea over the past month, but decreasing eating has helped with the nausea.  The area is somewhat tender because bending over to do things like making the bed can cause the pain.  In October, my health care provider said the pain was too low  (at that time it was slightly below the navel) for gallbladder but was in the appendix area.  About ten years ago I had similar pain along with shoulder pain, had a lot of tests and ended up taking Levsin. After a few months, the pain went away. My maternal grandmother and all 3 of my sisters  have had their gallbladders removed.  My questions: Can the location of gallbladder pain be hard to pinpoint?  Is it always high up below  the ribcage?
Ive never heard of it being below the navel, im pretty sure thats not Gb. Gb is right inbetween the rib cage, and believe me it feels like a heart attack-you would know it!
GB pain call move around a lot and is often mis-diagnosed. Mine was in the mid r. side ab area and would move in the r. chest. I have heard of shoulder pain from GB also. all the best
Thanks, Mr. Lucky. I am glad to know the pain can move around. The pain is very sharp, worse after eating (espicillay fatty foods), worse at night and I also have the occasional pain around my right shoulder-blade. It sure seems liek gallbladder to me. I will continue to pursue this with my provider. Thanks to both of you for responding.
UPDATE:
It was the GB even though pain was mid-abdomen. HIDA scan confirmed. Durign the scan I had nausea and pain under ribcage, lower abdomen, shoulder blade and shoulder. No gallstones evidnet but fundtioning at 17%. I have surgery soon.

If you have mid abdomen pain along with other GB symptoms, keep talking to your docotr until you get th eright test dones.