Gastroenterology Community
White Fuzzy Stuff on Stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

White Fuzzy Stuff on Stool

Hi, Ok if anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. About a couple  months ago I started noticing white fuzzy stuff on my stool. It happens moderately to frequently with the fuzzy stuff being more prominent sometimes than others but there has never been any pain and my stool has still maintained its normal shape and color (at least to my knowledge). I'm very active weightlifting and take a protein shake once a day and was taking creatine which I thought may be the cause for the fuzz. Could this stuff in my poo be do to the excessive protein intake or is it something else. Should I be worried? Thanks
Tags: stool
If you drop creatin, you'll see.

White sticky, foamy foul-smelling stool (or such patches in stool) are usually from fat though. If you have few days of low-fat diet, you'll see.
Hmm.. well i have dropped creating for about a week now and still see the white fuzziness which made me wonder if it was the extra protein intake. Normally with the protein I get a lot of gas but just wondering if fuzzy white stuff on stool could be a symptom for something more serious? thanks for the reply
If dropping proteins didn't work, try a low-fat diet, and it should go away. But then, this means you have fat malabsorption from some cause (usually pancreatic or small intestinal disorder) If that fuzzy stuff is foamy, greasy and sticks to the toilet, you can expect that it is fat. Avoid meat, fish, eggs, all dairy, oil, nuts, fast food...and other fat foods for 3-4 days.
You're sick
see a doctor.
Hmm... ok well please explain why you are so convinced that I am sick and should seek medical help. All details welcome.
Do you really mean 'fuzzy' as in 'short thin soft hairs'?  
I hope you don't think this a ridiculous question, but how are you examining your stool?  Do you hold paper in your hand, and catch it before it lands in the water?  The reason I ask is that if you use toilet paper, it could be that tiny bits, almost like dust cling-on to your stool, giving it an appearance as though it were fluffy/fuzzy.  If this 'might' be the case, try something as simple as using a different coloured paper, or a different method of inspection efore the stool going into the bowl.
what you are describing is mucus round your excretment its probably caused  i think with your diet to make sure id go see your doc good luck
Hi thanks for the response and to answer your question about how I'm inspecting it, I just look and see whats in the toilet. I haven't tried taking it out or catching it before it lands. I say fuzzy because thats really the only description I can think of from what I see through the water.
Thanks for the helpful response and I'm planning on going to the doctor for a check up. In your opinion do you think it could be signs of something serious? Thanks again.
I also have this problem... I've been in the hospital with kindey stone... just noticed its been 2 years since your post... Any cahcne you can tell me what your results were? I'm also worried about a more serious conidition
i see a small bit of exactly what you're talking about.. for the first time in my life. but my diet has changed much in the past week i've been eating alot more than usual. hoping its nothing serious.
Im having the same problem. I did a little research and it might be Intestinal worms, there nothing to seriouse but you need to see a doctor to get treated.
Did you ever find out what it was?  I know it's been a few years, but I am experiencing the same thing.  Did you get a legitimate answer from any doctors?