Gastroenterology Community
White Worm in Stool (Please Help!!!!)

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

White Worm in Stool (Please Help!!!!)

I'm not really sure where to post this, but today when I went to the bathroom I passed a white worm in my stool. I have contacted my doctor and they think it may be a pinworm, but I didn't see them to check my stool. I have looked up this parasite, but I don't think that is what I have as I have no itching and this was the only worm that I saw. Please, I am really concerned about this. Please if anyone might know what it is I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!!!  
?
What did it look like? was it moving? How big was it?
Pinworms are very small and white, and usually there are many of them.  But if this just started it may that they will increase. Telling us the size would help a lot.  But you did pass it which is good, and there may not be any more.

Thank You for your response, I greatly appreciate it!

The white worm was about the size of a quarter and I saw it wiggle out of my stool. Then it looked like it whipped it's tail up while it plopped into the water.

I'm really worried and disgusted about what it might be.
Avatar n tn
There are pinworms and tapeworms.  They are 2 different types.  You should go see your doctor and get medication to make sure you treat it and it is gone!
Thank You for your response, I greatly value it!!! :0) I'll make an appointment with my doctor in order to verify what it is. Thanks again! I greatly appreciate it!!! :0)