Aa
A
A
Close
White specks on X-Ray
.I had a lower back and pelvic x-ray today for right leg numbness and weakness, and the tech came in and asked different questions. To which I had answered “no, no and no” one such question, was have I taken a capsule for a Digestive study, when I ask why, she said that there were a bunch of bright white specks showing in my abdomen area. I asked if she knew what from and she had no idea, but since I was there for a back study, then the abdomen really was not their concern. She showed the films, and yes, there were about a dozen bb sized specks on my lower abdomen area.
I am a 46 yr old male, never smoked, I have Diverticulitis, and just recently finished Antibiotics for a flare up. I have had 3 surgeries or the past 5 years, one for a colon resection, and two incisional hernias. Could the white spots be from the mesh patch placed in my abdomen wall?
I have called my surgeon and I am waiting for a call back,  and I will see my Gastro Doc tomorrow for my Diverticulitis issue.  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I'm not sure what the white specks are but it sounds like a good thing to talk to your doctor about.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources