White specks on X-Ray
.I had a lower back and pelvic x-ray today for right leg numbness and weakness, and the tech came in and asked different questions. To which I had answered “no, no and no” one such question, was have I taken a capsule for a Digestive study, when I ask why, she said that there were a bunch of bright white specks showing in my abdomen area. I asked if she knew what from and she had no idea, but since I was there for a back study, then the abdomen really was not their concern. She showed the films, and yes, there were about a dozen bb sized specks on my lower abdomen area.
I am a 46 yr old male, never smoked, I have Diverticulitis, and just recently finished Antibiotics for a flare up. I have had 3 surgeries or the past 5 years, one for a colon resection, and two incisional hernias. Could the white spots be from the mesh patch placed in my abdomen wall?
I have called my surgeon and I am waiting for a call back,  and I will see my Gastro Doc tomorrow for my Diverticulitis issue.  
.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I'm not sure what the white specks are but it sounds like a good thing to talk to your doctor about.