Why can't I vomit?
I can't vomit. I'm 35 years old. The last time I vomited I was a child,probably around 10 and had a stomach bug and threw up every 30 mins. all night. I hated the feeling so much that thereafter I would supress the feeling whenever I needed to vomit. Now I can't vomit when I need to. There have been three or four times since then I needed to vomit; food poisoning, stomach bug. The most recent was yeserday after getting a stomach bug.  I go through the motions the vomit comes up to the base of my neck but will not come up. this is much worse than just throwing up. This goes on for 8 to 10 times. The force of the vomit coming up and just suddenly stopping is very unpleasent. My chest is still soar today from the attempted vomiting. This has also been the case in the past when I needed to vomit.
I cannot imagine being able to stop yourself from vomiting.  But I would get an endoscopy done to determine if there is any damage to your throat from doing this all these years.  For it to reach that far and stop, is odd.  I would think there would be no going back down at that point.  If you are fine physically, I would seek therapy to learn how "not" to do this.  I'm truly amazed that you have been able to suppress vomiting!  But there is a reason, either physical (rule out first) or psychological, so see a  specialist and get your throat checked out, and go from there.  Take care...