Gastroenterology Community
Why does this happen? Severe pain after diarrhea, starving

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Whenever I have diarrhea (I have an unknown digestive disorder...alot of foods cause me to be sick), and then don't eat for a while (few hours) to where I'm very hungry / starving, I get crampy, stabbing, widespread pain throughout my abdomen. It makes it hard to stand up straight. I then eat something and the pain will eventually go away gradually a few hours later. I have no idea why this happens. Does anyone know why this happens? Any idea what is wrong with me?
The pain you describe may be gas, it can hurt a lot, alka seltzer helps dispel gas.  But could be your diarrhea is causing the cramps, as that always accompanies it, so you need a doc to give you medicine to control diarrhea, and he can also maybe tell you why you have it.  Sometimes unknown causes of diarrhea can be caused by medications, changing brands or kinds of drugs will perhaps make it go away.