Gastroenterology Community
Why is my stomach swelling and hurting so much???
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why is my stomach swelling and hurting so much???

About 6 weeks ago I started noticing my stomach aching a little down low,Just a low grade ache.. I have always had a flat stomach ,but thought at 45 I could be putting on a few inches in the gut. I always worked out at the gym in the past,but a busy summer slowed me down.  I worried when my mother, a rtired RN told me those could be signs of ovarein cancer. I guess she wanted to scare me to go to the DR. Which I had already planned to do. So then I started worrying and worrying myself sick! I went to a hospital and saw a NP, he said I was the picture of health( Even though I told him I was kinda miserable) So he set me up for an ultra sound to make me feel better. It was 3 weeks away. I felt worse after a while. Started a gnawing in the area just under the ribs and over the belly button. I was very stressed by this point. The stress made me feel  shaky and worse,I do not handle stress well,. I have to also say this has been a very tense and stressful year with my mother being sick and my work load crazy!!. I finally called and saw another Dr. This Dr. did blood work, xrays and had me do a urine test.All was find. Now I await the ultra sound . I am so nervous I am wondering if I am just making new symptoms. I feel some pressure low in my stomach now and am still swollen. I have bowel movements and they are a little different( I am taking metamucel to keep me regulay because I was a little constepated and very gassy)I just hope I do not have a nervous break down before this ultra sound!!  What could I have in such a short time!!??