Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Wierd blobs in stool
I have had very wierd blobs in my stool. It is very infrequent, maybe twice in the last three years.
The first time it was dark orange-ish brown about 1 1/2 inches long by a 1/2 inch wide by about 3/8ths of an inch thick.
It looked like a capsule that had swelled but hadn't fully digested. The thing is I didn't remember taking any pills like that. I cut it in two with my cat litter scoop and it was pure white inside, with a marshmallow like consistency.
Today I passed another, and I know I didn't take any pills that could look like that.
This one was shorter and lighter in color, more of an red-orange color. The outer skin is firm and smooth and it is usually partially seperated from the stool which is soft.
I saved this one today to take to my Doctor, but I'd rather save myself the embarrassment if it turns out to be nothing!

Could this be parasites? I live on a farm and do have alot of contact with animals.
I have hemrroids for which I take fiber as needed and have also been diagnosised with IBD.
I fluctuate between diarrhea and constipation.
If not parasites, what else could it be?
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
They may be parasites, this is the first thought. Take this to the doctor, along with a sample of the other stool, they may be parasite eggs hidden inthere.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
Top Digestive Answerers
Blank
fntn