Gastroenterology Community
Wierd blobs in stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Wierd blobs in stool

I have had very wierd blobs in my stool. It is very infrequent, maybe twice in the last three years.
The first time it was dark orange-ish brown about 1 1/2 inches long by a 1/2 inch wide by about 3/8ths of an inch thick.
It looked like a capsule that had swelled but hadn't fully digested. The thing is I didn't remember taking any pills like that. I cut it in two with my cat litter scoop and it was pure white inside, with a marshmallow like consistency.
Today I passed another, and I know I didn't take any pills that could look like that.
This one was shorter and lighter in color, more of an red-orange color. The outer skin is firm and smooth and it is usually partially seperated from the stool which is soft.
I saved this one today to take to my Doctor, but I'd rather save myself the embarrassment if it turns out to be nothing!

Could this be parasites? I live on a farm and do have alot of contact with animals.
I have hemrroids for which I take fiber as needed and have also been diagnosised with IBD.
I fluctuate between diarrhea and constipation.
If not parasites, what else could it be?
They may be parasites, this is the first thought. Take this to the doctor, along with a sample of the other stool, they may be parasite eggs hidden inthere.