Gastroenterology Community
Wierd pressure right below right side of rib cage

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I'm a 39 year old woman who has been experiencing a wierd pressure almost feels like my internal skin is stuck on my rib cage.  It's on my right side...and by the end of the day my lower back hurts...Its not painful just alot of pressure. Any ideas?  Should I see my family physician?
i have similar symptoms but its cuz of gas i think, for you it mite b your gallbladder, its characterized as right side discomfort under rib radiating to back.. i felt the same thing but i highly doubt its my cause i am 19 year old male
That is where the gallbladder is located, so to be sure, you should get it checked out.  Besides gas, it can even be IBS.  Usually IBS is felt in the descending colon, but I will get that same pain on the right side below the ribs that you're talking about from time to time.  The test for the gallbladder in not a painful or invasive test.  I only had to have an ultrasound around that area.  Fortunately, for me, it wasn't the gallbladder, even though my colon will react the same way the gallbladder will with my diet.  I have all the same symptoms as someone with a gallbladder that is misbehaving.  So, even though it can be the gallbladder, it isn't always the gallbladder.  If you feel the pain in your back, it can be the kidney.  Although, one doesn't usually even have symptoms with the kidney until something is drastically wrong with them.  I can attest to this, since I have had renal failure only a few months ago myself.
Sometimes a fatty/enlarged liver can also cause the type of pain you are describing. The liver is located underneath the right breast bone and right ribs. The associated pain is dull/achy and nearly constant. It can radiate outwards and through to the back. .Several things can cause liver enlargement, so best thing to do, as said above, is to go to your doctor and have him at least run a bunch of blood tests on you. Hopefully it's nothing serious, so best of luck.
I have Hep C and before I knew I had it I would get pain under my rib cage on the right side because my liver was swelling so I would get checked out for that.  Normal blood test will tell you.  Good Luck!

Sandy