Gastroenterology Community
Worried about burned throat/esophagus from eating hot solid food at res...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried about burned throat/esophagus from eating hot solid food at restaurant

I ate some stuffed mushrooms and they were super hot and after eating one, it slipped down my throat as I didn't chew it, and didn't feel hot in my mouth but when it hit my esophagus about middle of my chest, I felt a strong burning sensation and I drank some water a bit too late, now I have a stinging, aching, burning feeling in my chest and middle of the back.

How long does this usually last, have I permanently injured my esophagus as the human being did not evolve to burn their insides with food, or is it a good chance the pain will subside without much harm?

Would take H2 or proton pump medication help (I don't have any gastric problems that I know of) or something else like drinking slightly salty water?

Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  This is not normal and I would recommend seeing a doctor about this ASAP.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...