Gastroenterology Community
Yellow Diarrhea

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Yellow Diarrhea

I went to the ER early Saturday morning for dizziness, nausea and feeling weak. The doctors examined me and said they couldn't find anything wrong with me except that I was dehydrated which I don't know how this could have happened considering that I drink at least 40 ounces of water a day anyways, Saturday during the day I started feeling nausea again and actually started to dry heave but nothing every came up and I had yellow diarrhea all during the day, I also felt the chills. It has been two days now and I am still having these feelings but the doctors tell me that it is nothing to be worried about but I am worried that it is something serious. Please help.
Tags: yellow, diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, dehydrated.
Usually yellow stool means the fat content of your waste is really high.  If you ate out Friday night or smething, could be you got a load of fat in your guts now that is coming out, making the waste look yellow.  Might have additionally been "old fat," which some restaurants re-use their oils too long, and that can make you feel ill on top of everything else.  Eat two or three slices of whole wheat bread, it helps soak up diarrhea. If it does not go away in one week, then you need to see a gastro specialist, because could be the pancreas is malfunctioning for some reason, which can also cause yellow stool, like if a duct got clogged up for some reason, OR if you are a heavy drinker, it can goof up the enzyme production in the pancreas.  Anytime the pancreas is in trouble, since it is responsible for breaking down fat, then too much fat will go into your intestines and turn it yellow.  Now, I ain't no expert, so don't panic over what I'm telling you.  But I wouldn't want to NOT tell you what I know in case it's serious.
Thanks, I actually have another doctors appointment today and we will see what they say when I get there. Thanks for helping me out. It helped ease my mind a little so I am not freaking out that much. I actually think that I have food poisoning.
I went to the doctors yesterday and he said that I have a virus and I need to wait it out. It will take 5-7 days for it to work it self out.
Hi!  I'm glad you were able to find out what was causing your nausea, dizziness and weakness.  I think I have a similar problem. Yesterday I slept for over 24 hours(!) and for the past week or so I've had yellow diarrhea (not even fully digested -gross).  I thought  it might be stress, but throughout the night I toss and turn and have to open and close the window because I get hot and then get the chills.  I recently had a flu shot (about a month ago, so I don't think I have the flu).  And I've already caught a cold this past September so I probably don't have a cold either.  Did the doctor tell you what kind of virus you had?  Or how you got it?  How to treat it?  

Thanks so much!!