Gastroenterology Community
Yellow Stools, Under Right Rib Pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Yellow Stools, Under Right Rib Pain

I had my gallbladder removed one year ago (no stones just functioning sluggish).  Felt GREAT afterwards for one year.  I now have bloating, pain under right rib cage (dull constant pain) mostly when sitting and moving, goes away when I lie down.  Stools are now frequent, loose (or combination of formed & loose), BRIGHT yellow (since gb removed I have had yellow stools a few times a week, but not always like now).  Had CT of abdomen & pelvis last week, blood tests all good (MINOR elevation of Lipase - 63 high, mine was 65).  I have lost 6 pounds (I am small to begin with and don't need to lose weight!).   I am eating all low fat foods.   I am concerned, my family dr doesn't seem to be.  It has been 3 weeks and the constant nagging dull pain is effecting my whole life.  It feels like I have a boot shoved under my right rib.  
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago and I too get the same yellow colored stools, not all of the time just sometimes. I think this is from the bile which seeing the gallbladder is gone it is just going through everything so quickly.

This almost sounds what I was going through in March, with the pain, BUT not saying this is what you have. My lipase was normal. Did your doctor check your liver enzymes?

Blank
Yes he checked the liver enzymes and they were all normal with the exception of my AST and it was only a few points higher than normal (and it has been that way for years - they've checked for reasons why and concluded it was normal for me).  This pressure/pain under my right rib has been steady for 3 weeks and it is worse when I am sitting or bending - gets better if I lie flat.  How long did you symptoms last and did you find out the cause?  Thanks for your input
Blank
Hi, i have the same problem, did you get better? What your doctor said?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...