Gastroenterology Community
Yellow stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Yellow stool

I have had a lot of bad things happen in the past four days. One of which is my poop is yellow diarrhea and I have been going pretty much constantly. Today I started pooping blood and yellow diarrhea. What is going on? I am only 21. Whay could I be pooping yellow.
Stool is yellow when travels throught the intestine fast. Originally, bilirubin that is excreted from the gallbladder into duodenum, is green. When bilirubin within the stool travels through intestine, bacteria change its color first to yellow and then to brown. When stool is traveling fast because of intestinal irritation from any reason, bacteria don't have time to change the color of bilirubin completely, so it remains yellow.

Blood, if it is red, originates either from the colon or small intestine.

Have you eaten some suspicious food a day before the start of diarrhea? It may be bacterial food poisoning that caused inflammation with bleeding ulcers in your intestine. If diarrhea won't stop in a day or two, I recommend you to visit a doctor who will order stool test for bacteria, and eventually prescribe you antibiotics.
Bile from your gallbladder is what gives your stool a brown color.  Yellow stool can be a symptom of gallbladder problems, or liver problems.  Blood that is bright red in color is normally hemorrhoids, blood that is very dark or black is coming from higher in the intestines.  Regardless, you need to see a doctor.
I too have this color.  Three GI's I have gone to all say that color has nothing to do with the gallbladder. Only clay or white color does.
What diagnosis did these 3 GI's give you?
I have yellow poop and I also been having loose bowles with it...
I have pain too.

I was constapated for almost a week before it started.

I have had pain in both left and right side....and on the sides // then the pain was mostly on the right front near my ribs and the side area.

NO one knows what is happening....the doctor thought I had reaction three weeks ago with a shot the back doctor gave me in my hip...
that should of gone by now.
I went to the first ER and they took a CTscan and only saw that I have arthritis bad....didn't mention anything else?  So sent me home.
A week later I went to a different ER and they took blood only saw a little high to my Pantistis and said it wasn't anyting to worry about...gave me pain pills and something for my nausa too.

Now it's 3 weeks with the pain.  And my bowles have gone from diearhea to loose then very hard can't pass for a couple of days back to loose and now yellow bright yellow.

I am worried now, I have lots of pain mostly on right side but it is on left too again.  I fill like I ate when I haven't.  and don't know if it is ok to wait until Tuesday when doctor office will be open again.

Please help me understand.
Ive been having very similiar symptoms as you...and it all started right after I went to an ER at the General  Hospital and was given antibiotics for a celulitus infection I jad on my shin that had my left leg swollen.
yellow stool is usually cuz youre not digesting your fats properly. This could be for many different reasons. Gallbladder or pancreas problems. Food allergies. Crohns, colitis, ibs, or celiac disease. Yeast overgrowth (if you take antibiotics frequently, or took a high dose of them recently, this is a very likely culprit).
And to others as well,,

What are your results from your GI's??