a steint in a pancrease?
i had to go to the hospital 6 or 7 times for pain in my stomach for over a year they just kept kicking me to the curb because they would do c-scan on me but i never had gallstones by the time that they did a galbader test it was completely dead said it needed to come out  at once but i still sat in the hospital for 4 days before they took it out.My first trip back to the doc he said i neededa stint put in &removed slug,i was in for a week for that which was suppose to be in and out a month later i was in again 4 pancreatitis since oct 07 I have spent about 7 week in the hospital where the nurses have ruined my veins so bad that it looked like i had snakes undermy skin Iwas sent down to a new hospital where they did a endocopy ultasound they said they gave me enough meds to put down a 350 pound man &i was still awake and feeling everything now they are talking about putting a stient in my pancrease when i already have cronic panreatitis with scar tissue and the only pain meds they have ever gave me are 5mg perocets willpain clinics work with a pacreatic person?I never heard of putting the stient in the pancrease before and with cronic with scar tissue sound way to risky has anyone heard of that before?

This discussion is related to Idiopathic Pancreatitis.
Putting a stent in the pancreatic duct is done fairly often. It's done to help keep the duct open so that the pancreatic enzymes you're putting out empty into the duodenum as they should and don't irritate your pancreas any more.

Make sure you talk to your doctor about any diet you should be following and if you should be taking any pancreatic enzymes.

i have had a stient in my bile duct before but they are talking about one in my pancrease is the pancreatic duct in my pancreas? I have been one the enzymes for at least 6 months when they took my stient out he said i did not need to take them any more and then i got sick again,if you have cronic pancreatist doest that mean i would have alot of scar tissue which i know is dangerous to work with in surgery
The pancreatic duct is an extension that runs from the pancreas outward to, or adjacent to, the common bile duct. They're talking about putting a stent in that 'extension' part, not within the pancreas itself.

Chronic pancreatitis could produce quite a bit of scar tissue, unfortunately.