Gastroenterology Community
a very hard one for many doctors

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

a very hard one for many doctors

Hi, I have stomach flu since sunday(Im on diet-water, gatorade) and I have reflux for over 3years (I have to it something to keep acid low....) what to do...what to eat, Im not feeling to good...
stomach flu give me diarrhea, stomach cramps, fever,(vomiting is over), now my flu diet brought me reflux...
thank you
Prilosec is very good for acid reflux and is sold OTC.  You can take it twice a day.  But let the pharmacist know if you're on any medications and ask him if it's okay to take. Dilute your Gatorade so the body absorbs the potassium and electrolytes better or buy the low sugar one. Hope this helps and you feel better!
What do you take for Acid reflux?  You can get Prilosec OTC, they sell it at Walgreens, and cheaper at Costco, it is for fourteen days, if you want something that works faster than Pepcid AC, they are 20mg and work in 20-30 minutes, Stay away from Tomato, Tomato sauce, citric fruit or juice, garlic and onion, and carbonated beverages and alcoholic beverages, including wine, A little chiken broth is always good and smoe caffein free tea. and toast. You can google for a full list of foods to stay away from with Acid Reflux. Good Luck FTB4
thank You for your help... but problem is.... I have stomach flu right now...So I cant eat but i have to eat something as far my reflux goes... Empty stomach and reflux is more like chesse and mouse, they love each other... nothing worse!
I do have acid reflux cookbook and I have read about it for many days... but i love my food and garlic and onions and many others.. all I do is stay away from fruits... BTW. I have stoped taking ALL kinds of pills, all of them. Hate pills, staff like TUMS or GAVISCON makes it worse! I might have to go to emergency room tonight...
No doctor whant's to deal with me... Im a hard cookie,.... what i found as a best way to kill acidic stomach (after doc's ideas)  after dinner at evening is whiskey and diet ginger ale... so now Im drinking a gallon of whiskey from friday to friday... it helps, but....
WHISKEY????????? With a stomach bug???????