Gastroenterology Community
abdominal flutters and taps

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

abdominal flutters and taps

Hello-- I am a 32-year old female.  I have been experiencing a bit of an oddity and would like some advice.  I have not yet gone to a doctor as I do not have insurance and have not experienced any pain or real discomfort.  I have been experiencing lower abdominal flutters for the last few months (starting around April or May of this year).  The "flutters" were irregular at best and light, nearly disappearing completely for about a month before picking back up and escalating.  Now, the "flutters" are stronger and more regular as well as times where they feel more like taps than flutters. I've had normal BM's though I could possibly contribute some of this to a less than ideal diet and (sometimes) too much caffiene. I had a hysterectomy at age 19 due to a mass infection in my reproduction system, so pregnancy isn't super likely.  I haven't had any pain, cramping, or acute discomfort though lately the discomfort level is rising due to the increased level of abdominal movements.  What could be causing this and who would I need to see to get an appropriate diagnosis?
Also-- I am not slender (though not morbidly obese) and I have also noted for about the same length of time as the flutters that I can really see and feel my abdominal pulse.  I don't know if this is important or not, but it is noticable.  Kris
I too have been experiencing  the same thing for about the same length of time. I am 47 and had a hyserectomy in July of 07 due to uterine cancer. Now i am freaking out as to why this is happening. I go for my 3 month check up in November so I will inquire then. I did ask 6 months ago and I was told it was gas. It is not gas as it happens constantly. The only time I get relieve is when I am sleeping. I do not feel it then. Mine also stopped for about a month and started up again worse than ever. I also seem to feel some pressure or tightness in y stomach. I will let you know if I find anything out