Gastroenterology Community
abdominal pain and flushing

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

abdominal pain and flushing

I have been having abdominal pain, constipation, mucusy stools, and facial flushing on and off for the past three years.  Since November, all of these have become more severe and more constant.  I just recently had a HIDA scan, colonoscopy, 24-hour urine sample, and tons of blood work.  Everything so far has come back normal.  Unfortunately, I feel anything but normal.  My heart races, I get a feeling of warmth in my neck, shoulder, and head, and I am absolutely exhausted.  The GI Dr.  that ran the tests has diagnosed me with IBS-C.  Can this really be the cause of all of these symptoms?  I am a mother of two young children and am absolutely scared to death!  Searching for a diagnosis has caused such an emotional roller coaster...I need to know what to do next!  Please help!!!!
Jm, because you're mentioning the flushing, please make sure your doc has ruled out the possibility of carcinoid.
I also have had these symptoms and have not had any kind of diagnosis. Everything comes out normal.  
You have responded to an old, outdated thread from 2009. The people who originally posted these comments may very well have moved on. Rather than reply to an old thread, we recommend that people start a new topic to discuss the subject anew. To do that, please click on the green "Post a Question" button at the top of the page. This will get your post the attention it deserves. Thank you.