Gastroenterology Community
abdominal pain and rectal bleeding

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

abdominal pain and rectal bleeding

About three months ago I had several abdominal pain. When I went to the bath room it was only blood and small clots in the toilet. I went to the Dr. and he did a colonoscopy. He removed hemroids and polyps. I seemed to be better. About two weeks ago I started having the abdominal discomfort and it has also gone to my back. It feels like period pains. I had sever pain last night and I went to the bath room and I had a lot of bleeding again. This time the clots were larger. The bleeding is bright red in color. It also happened today as well. My stomach is still cramping on and off. I also have periods of nausia. Please help me with any suggestions you may have to help. I'm starting to get scared at this point.
I think you should go back to your G.I. doctor.  Before you do so, type in rectal bleeding to google and look at one of the many sites that describe this condition.  I think the medicinenet one is especially informative.  Then I suggest that you ask the doctor whether the colonoscopy definitely ruled out all the listed causes of rectal bleeding that you discovered in medicinenet or whatever.  Maybe you should also ask your doctor if a repeat colonoscopy is justified (perhaps by another G.I. specialist for a second opinion).  If this is downplayed, you are entitled to say:-

a)  look I am entitled to know why blood is still emerging from my anus
and
b) I am entitled to have it cured.

regards
Morecambe