Gastroenterology Community
abdominal pain in my 5 yr old

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

abdominal pain in my 5 yr old

My 5 year old is suffering from severe abdominal pain.  My other children had a stomach bug that lasted 1 day and without pain.  They vomited a few times and it was over...they felt better.  She had similiar symptoms about a month ago and the dr treated her for guiardia with an antibiotic and she was better after 2 days.  She has been vomiting all day...pretty much phlem...and only feels better for a few minutes before the pain starts again.
I found out that her uncle, on dad's side, suffered from chroans disease for years before he passed away (I don't believe it was due to chroans though).
Any thoughts or ideas?

This discussion is related to 5 year old has acute adominal (abdominal) pain.
I assume you've taken her back to the doctor?  You can't let that kind of vomiting go on much longer or she'll get severely dehydrated.  Can she down water or pedialyte?  Is she running a fever too?
She has been drinking (very little) but, when she vomits it's only a small amount of phlem.  My concern is more with the stomach pain.  I can't seem to get her to tell me if it's pain or if she is just holding back from throwing up.  
I did call her pediatrician for them to make my an appt with a specialist.  They got me an appt for next Wed but, now that this hasn't gotten any better through the day today, I plan on calling again in the morning to try and get her in tomorrow.
She always seems to get a much worse case of any illness that my other children have.
My grandson is having the same problem.  The regular hospital couldn't find anything wrong so now they are on their way to a chldren's hospitl.  he has been suffering with this for 2 weeks now.  Please let me know what you find out.
My son is 5 years old and has been suffering from abdominal pain for 5 days now. He has been to the ER twice and his local doctor twice. They have run abdominal CT's, blood work,mono tests and EPV , all have come back negative, he is still complaining of sharp pains behind his belly button. When he was 2 he was seeing a gastroligist for not having regular BM's, I am so concerned that it could be his appendix, but the doctor's tell me it's not. Can someone tell me something!! I can't stand to see him like this.
My son, who is now 8, has suffered off and on for the past two years.  His pain level varies.  Some days, he has no pain at all.  Many days, he is a 3 out of 10 in the pain scale, but I send him to school.  It seems that if he is distracted enough, he doesn't get worse.  Other days, he is a "5", and I know that he will start vomiting and be very uncomfortable, so I keep him home.  Twice in the last year, he has been a "7".  At this level, he can't keep anything down, he cannot walk well or sit, for pain.  His white blood cell count is elevated and he ends up in hospital.  The tests that they have done so far show nothing wrong.  The latest theory is that he has gastroenteritis.  I am not convinced, however, as he has very little diarrhea, and no fever.