Gastroenterology Community
abdominal pain

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

abdominal pain

i am 39yrs old  i have been on state disability for this pain for just over a month now i keep getting this pain everyday sometimes stronger than other days  in the lower center of abdobmen and top and left side  my doc told me gerd or acid refux so now im taking these meds for gerd and nausea i have nausea every day,vomiting, blood in stool,off and on ,loss of apetite off and on had ct scan and ultra sound both show nothing wrong, im afraid of going back to work to soon i work in construction  and is no place to be for getting dizzy and nausea but still dont know whats wrong with me  do i need another doc or second opinion not sure?  
If the blood in stool is bright red it is from a lower source of your GI tract.  If it is blackish then it is from up higher.  Maybe you are anemic.  You need to have an upper and lower endoscopy.