Gastroenterology Community
abdominal soreness

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

abdominal soreness

Every so often  feel these little pains in the upper part of my stomach (under my sternum) then for the next 3 days or so I am so sore all over from the upper part of my stomach to the lower abdomen right  above my pubic line. I walk around like i've had surgery. I had a CT scan of my abdomen and nothing showed up. I have wondered if it could be from constipation or maybe in my colon or intestines because it didn't show on a CT scan. Although if it is constipation or something it shouldnt happen every other month or every couple weeks. It may not happen for 2 months and it may happen again in a few weeks or it may take 3 months. But it is reoccuring and I always can tell the day before if it is going to do it by the way my stomach feels. What could this be? I am only 24 years old (F)
Did you do barium enema and barium swallow? if not go and do that. it could be many causes.
Avatar n tn
I did have a CT Scan and  I had to drink Barium for that. But I havent had a barium enema. Could you give me some examples of what it may be so I could research them? Right now I dont have health insurance so I have to wait a bit before i go to the doc. Thanks
barium enema is like an x-ray inside ur colon. it is unpleasant procedure where they pump enema into your colon and then take pictures. takes about 10 minutes but often it hurts. however it pays off because that is where ur problem could be.

Barium swallow is also an x-ray but not abdominal. It is also called upper gi series and when u swallow the barium they check for ur esophagus, stomach and small intestines.

do some googling under barium swallow or upper GI series and barium enema.