Gastroenterology Community
abnormal biopsy

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

abnormal biopsy

I had a gastric biopsy that showed acute inflammation, regenerative and hyperplastic changes. No polyp. Negative for helicobacter. I also have colon issues. My prometheus test says IBD predicted and Ulcerative Colitis predicted. I had an adenoma polyp removed from my colon 1 year ago. I'm on protonix daily. I get intestinal pain and rectal pain on a somewhat regular basis. The acid problem is becoming more of a burden and it seems to start up the colon and rectal problems. Years ago, the pain in the rectal area was unbearable, ( it was not hemmorhoid pain). I could not focus or concentrate, it was so bad. I was having daily loose stool, but it was not bloody and it was not all day long.  I was desperate. I begged the GI doc to put me on Colazal and after 6 weeks it was as if a miracle had occured. I was MUCH better. He will not keep me on it continuously because my colon does not look inflamed on colonoscopy. Any advice or diagnosis would be great. I think he has given up on diagnosis.
Avatar n tn
Maybe a test for Celiac?