Gastroenterology Community
acid reflux

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

acid reflux

i am overweight and have serious acidity problem.the acid travels up to my throat.also i feel nausea and indigestion after i finish eating.
first loose weight. use an acide reducer like nexium or something else. small frequent meals and do not eat after 7pm.
Yes, all that jezbo said.  I am guessing your diagnosis is laryngopharyngeal reflux, a type of acid reflux that affects the throat and voice box.  I am on 40mg of Prilosec twice a day, an hour before breakfast and dinner.  Still have the lump in my throat.  You can look this up on the net and see if it sounds like what you have.  Also, do not eat within about three hours of going to bed.  I am sleeping on two pillows to prop myself up some, as using only one causes the acid to come up.  Elevating the head of the bed six inches is one recommendation I have read.
Take a Antiacid one that is good is Ranitidine I took 2 a day. And it works great! Slow down on the fried foods, Sugar, And live life to its fullest!

Georgia