after gallbladder removal
I had my gallbladder removed 1 year ago and now have occassional pain on my right side.  I sometimes feel as though my liver is cramping and at time feels as if it stiffens up momentarily then relaxes almost like a charly horse type feeling.  Is there any relationship between the gallbladder being removed and what I am experiencing or could this be some other problem
Hi, I don't know that my input will help any at all...but I had my gallbladder removed on March 31st, 2009.  It only has been a couple of months and yes on occasion I get these weird feelings as you mentioned. But I have been back to my doctor and for now this is normal, at least that is what he said. I just find them annoying is all.  No other complications from the surgery to complain about. Just happy the pain is gone. : ) I would certainly follow up and just talk to your doctor about it.  The one thing I have noticed is that when I feel those same feelings it is because I didn't eat properly.  Perhaps that has nothing to do with it all, but that is what causes mine to act up like that.

Wishing you the best of luck.
In addition to checking with your doc, you may want to consider following a low fat diet. You may have problems processing fats the way you did prior to the surgery and a low fat diet may be of help.